Wednesday, October 14, 2009

My kids are not spoild.

About the doll first; I found the perfect doll. I narrowed it down to two dolls then I called my mom and my sisters to get their opinions.
When I was looking I found the cutest toy pianos. They look kind of like the Charlie Brown piano. Marilyn loves banging on Texas' xylophone piano. I did think about getting it for her but I don't think she is old enough to have a fancy toy like that. I also see all of the cute little kitchens from Pottery Barn. They have one that kind of looks like their retro kitchen that they sell over at Costco. If Marilyn is going through the stage where she wants to cook then she might get the kitchen when she is older.

http://www.potterybarnkids.com/products/j1175/index.cfm?pkey=cplayroom%2Dkitchens%7Ck
There is the link to the kitchens that I adore ^
Here is the link to the pianos that I think are adorable:
http://www.toysandgamesonline.com/Schoenhut-2522P-SHT1067.html

Texas is getting harder to shop for. He wants everything under the sun. With Marilyn I can get her anything that I think she would like. Does any one know anything about Plasma cars? They look like fun. I might have more fun than Texas though.

Time for my even more random ramblings about shopping. I did do some more shopping. I did it online. I have noticed that Gymboree and Crazy8 when they are not having a promotion like gymbucks or crazycash their prices are lower... like 30% lower. So you can spend twenty dollars on a jacket, or wait and spend eleven, then when the gymbucks are back because the jacket was on sale it will go up to about eighteen dollars. I wish I figured this out before. So, I bought some jackets for Texas. Two of them are the same. They have not shipped yet so I think I am going to save them for Thanksgiving time for when we go out to Utah. Texas and his cousin Nathaniel would love to have some matching jackets. One of my sisters found out that she is pregnant, I bought the baby a dress. I am wishing for a girl so Marilyn can have some more Friends. I also ordered a couple dresses that were on clearance for Marilyn to grow into. I figure that I need to stop going back to the pages over and over and looking at the same dang thing. I think the criteria for a great dress for her is: sleeves, cute, and under 25 for Sunday, or under 15 for every day. I figure that the dresses over at Target and Walmart are about the same price but not the same quality and not as cute.
Oh and what is up with The Childrens Place's little girls clothes? They are NOT cute! I do have some clothes for Marilyn that are from there that I got when I was expecting, but they are going down hill. The boy clothes are ok because they stick with classics for the boys. The girl clothes look like they are copying styles off of Walmart. Pozers!

I am getting to the point now that I think I am going to wait every year until spring time to get clothes at Carter's and OshKosh because they have a big $3.99 sale and on top of that they send me 20% off coupons. I have gotten onsies, dresses, pants, shirts, shorts, and shoes at that sale. It is the same quality and some of the same outfits that they sell over at Costco, but cost allot less mulah. People say that my kids dress cute. I am not sure if they are just saying that because I know that what my kid is wearing was cheap. If you see my babies, they are wearing some last season outfits. The most that I have spent on a dress was twenty five dollars and I posted the pictures on here of that dress because it is too cute to handle.

Oh reminder to self. I still need to order a booster seat for when we go out to New York. It cost more to check in a booster seat than to buy a new one.

And I keep on forgetting to blog about how I am a goat rancher. Right now we have 14 goats. One of these days I will post pictures.

No comments: