Saturday, October 3, 2009

The perfect doll.

I don't know why it's so hard to find a good baby doll. I have been searching for a couple months and most of the dolls won't last a year. So far, the first doll that I picked out was made by carter's. It looked nice online. When I went over to Toys R Us it wasn't any like it was online. It never stated that it made any noise or moved it's arms when you hugged it. The doll has metal rods in it's arms. I really would like to avoid any mishaps of Marilyn giving her dolly a bath and it never cooing again.
I also thought about Water Babies. They don't look the same as when I was a kid. The bodies are the same; you still fill them up with water and they shake like Jello. The ones that they make now the faces look scary. Kind of like the scrunched up new born little face. I was getting closer though. The down side to this doll is that water gets trapped inside of the doll and it starts to mildew.
I think I finally found the right doll. It cost more, but it has everything that will make it last more than a year.





These dolls can go in the bath. They are filled with little plastic beads that help them dry fast. I won't tell Marilyn that the doll takes baths. Knowing my kids that just happens. The doll isn't too big so Marilyn can haul the doll around, and the doll doesn't give me nightmares. Another plus side to this doll is that they recommend throwing it in the wash if it gets dirty. Most people don't know how nice that really is. I guess all of the dolls that they make smell like vanilla. I don't care about that though, I am excited about throwing the doll in the wash when Marilyn and her doll play in my makeup :D

No comments: