Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Do I have issues?


I don't know if I do or not. Most people would not see this as a problem ant it really shouldn't bother me. I try to keep in touch with may family but when it gets to the point where I call them every week and I don't hear anything from them for months it really takes a toll on a person. It seems like the only time when I get phone calls from some people is when they need something. They don't want to say "hi" or "hello", they are just ok with asking me for a favor and that is good enough for them to keep in touch. What tears me up even more is that I know that I have a family that gossips. Because I am so far away I am not in the loop so it is probably me that they are talking about. If you know how Italian and stories are then you may know how this whole ordeal works. If not, this is how it happens:
One member if the family is upset about something that another person said or did, so they go and vent to another person that is not in the loop yet so the person that they just told can be on their side of the story from the start. The person that is telling the story tells everyone and makes sure that the person that they are talking about looks like a terrible monster. This keeps on going on until the person that the story is about says something about it (if they ever find out about the story) and then the person that was being talked about tries to correct the whole ordeal. There are many times when I think to myself that the whole story has escalated to the point where it is now false. The longer the person who the story is about delays the process of correcting this, the more far fetched the story. Then I figure that I need to get on with my life and it shouldn't make it into such a big deal like they are or that would make me just as bad as they are. Whew, that was a mouthful.
No matter what you do you can not avoid this phenomenon. It happens every day. I guess Einstein was right when he said "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results".

No comments: