Saturday, May 8, 2010

Hi, my name is Jennifer and I am a couponaholic.

It's the truth. I have gotten to the point where we are stocked up on all of our toiletries for the year. I keep on getting free full size bottles of lotion and hand soap. I have even gotten: cleaning supplies for free, games and toys for free. I was able to do it with coupons and sales. Whenever I see a sale for a brand I use, I go online to see if there are any coupons so I can get it for even less. If I noticed a store coupon and a manufactur's coupon I check to see what the price will be after the coupons just to make sure that it's less than the generic. I think I have gotten to the point where I know most of the sales at all of the drugstores out here and where all of the coupons are online for each brand name item.
I just think back to about a year ago when we were really tight on money and it seemed like every night we were having cheap chicken with potatoes, carrots, and onions. It was the cheapest thing that I could make. I have also mentioned that I make bread. The bread is ok to eat because I haven't gotten sick of it.
Now because of couponing we are able to get cereal, milk, cheese, yogurt, meat, and still stay in budget (before I was only able to get milk, eggs and meat every other week). It is hard to see the gallon of milk sitting in the cooler and looking at the tag that says that it's over five dollars a gallon and telling the kids that they can't have cold cereal in the morning because the milk cost too much. All that I need to do is to look at all of the advertisments before I go shoping to see what they have and what I can get while staying in budget, then go through all of the coupons to see if I can get a better deal on the food that I have. Some times the generic brand is cheaper than the brand name item with the sale and the coupon. Just keep an eye out.
I go to the store once to three a week. Once to the grocery store, once to a super center and once to a drug store and maybe the dollar store to see what they have. I have noticed that the produce is cheaper at the hispanic grocery stores while pre packed foods are cheaper over at a super center, and toiletries and cleaning supplies may be cheaper over at the super senter or the drugstore. You just need to check all of the adds. Because I have been getting alot of cleaning supplies for free I am not sure when will be the next time that I go to the dollar store. Maybe the next time that I go to the dollar store will be the day that I run out of some cheap spice.

random deals for today:
cottonelle flushable wipes: 70 cents
tooth paste: 50 cents
Special K: 89 cents a box
band aids: 88 cents for a box of 20 FREE for box of 10!
green works laundry soap: 2.99 TicTacs: 50 cents each
Motion sensored air refesher: 3 bucks (before it was 8 :D)
Cheese was on clearence. Seem weird but I got some... and I was able to use a coupon. It still came to 2 dollars a lb :\ It taste really good though :)
I used about 30 dollars in coupons today.

Deals from last week:
another bottle of pure and natural soap: free
covergirl bogo: 3.99 each
Johnson&Johnson's soap .99 cents
panty liners: 45 cents
pads: after rebate FREE
On top of these deals I used a 5 dollar of coupon so the prices were even lower.
I used 16 dollars in coupons, and saved 20 dollars with the sales. I paid 11 plus change. I got some other things too that I didn't put on the list.

So there you have it. My name is Jennifer and I am a couponaholic.

No comments: