Sunday, June 27, 2010

Artsie Fartsie

For all of you that don't know: I can paint and draw. I can draw really well. Right now at this moment I am in the mood to make some art work. I want it to look like one of the old golden books that I had when I was a kid. I kind of want the picture that I am making to look like my daughter. I am not even sure where any of my drawing pencils are anymore. The last time I drew something out on a whim, that I can think of is way back before Texas was born. Texas is now four years old. Everything else that I have drawn have been commissioned so it's not really art. I don't know what it is but I wouldn't call it art. Art has feeling and emotion in it. Drawing a portrait of a couple might have feeling but there isn't emotion.
Something else that is kind of sad: I went to school for art. Yes, I am good enough that a school paid for my tuition because they wanted me to go to their school to paint and draw. The only time that there is emotion in my drawings is when I am in the mood to draw. When drawings get repetitive the emotion starts to disappear.
I guess I will get my butt in gear and start drawing before I forget how to.

2 comments:

dannyscotland said...

Wow, that's really cool! A friend of mine who's really artistic also said that it took her a long time after her kids were born to get back into the swing of things.

I bet you could illustrate children's books. Having little ones around might be inspiring. I know I keep thinking of books I wish existed for my daughter, but I have neither writing nor illustrating talent! :-)

I would love for you to post something you've drawn, if you feel comfortable doing so.

jen madsen said...

I would love to see some of your art work! I love to draw landscapes and people..though like you with having kids. That talent of mine has suffered. For the past few years my creativity has been coloring with my kids or doing some water coloring with my kids. I probably just need to make time for drawing and painting more of how i use to..years ago.