Thursday, June 10, 2010

Garbage for Dinner

I think everyone has the times when they look in the fridge, the fridge is full but you still say there is nothing to eat. So what you can do is make a casarole out of some of the things that you have. If you are able to do this then you don't need to go to the store to spend more money. "A penny saved is a penny earned". Back to the food. I have heard this mixture called garbage casarole.
I guess I will name the garbage casarol that we had tonight creamy chicken tamali casarol.
It was quite good. What it had in it was:

One can of cream of mushroom soup
about 3/4 a can of corn with the fluids drained out
10 old tortillas that were torn up
1/2 a cup crumbled mexican cheese
a can of diced green chilies
about a cup of sour cream
about a cup of cooked diced chicken
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 tablespoons taco seasoning
1 tablespoon cilantro
garlic and onion powder to taste
One sprig of green onion chopped

I mixed everything together and topped it with 1/2 cup mozerella cheese (or 4 string cheeses)

I put it in the oven at 350 for about 15 minutes until the cheese was melted. I served it with plain tomato sauce for the kids and I had mine with salsa. It was delish.

2 comments:

In Loving memory of Lilly said...

Nice recipe! : )

dannyscotland said...

I hate cooking. I mean, I *really* hate it. But this looks easy. Is the idea of the casserole to just dump whatever you have in your fridge into it and cook it? Because I think I can do that. If I can't, I'm sure my hubby can. I am a terrible cook. I burned up my George Foreman grill in the oven because we used to keep it in there. Yes. I am that bad. Thanks for the idea.