Thursday, July 8, 2010

Short Vacation

We left on a short vacation on Friday. I know that it's only Thursday. We drove 24 hours to get to Huston Texas. It was lots of fun. Houston Texas smells like barbecue and everyone is super polite. I was surprised to her a homeless person say, "excuse me", instead of, "Get off of my f*&%ing sidewalk!". It was like a whole different world.
We were able to see and do lots of things. We went to an alligator park, to the aquarium and to a fast food drive through that had prime rib.



The gator park was exciting! This guy freaked me out a bit by standing up right when I was about to take the picture. I was about three feet away from it.



This is the picture right before it got up.
The most exciting thing I saw at the park was a bird that had a crawdad in it's mouth; I tried to take a picture of it and it started to fly away. Stupid me turned off my camera at the same moment a gator snapped at the bird flying away from me. It was awesome to see.




Um. We ate at the aquarium because we were told that it's not worth going inside because of how small the place is. The food wasn't that great but Texas loved watching the fish.

Houston, Texas has barbicue eveywhere. The place smells like barbicue in the morning. You can get really nice cuts of meat in drive thru's. Everything grilled that we had out there was awesome.

On Independence day Texas and Marilyn decited to go swimming in their nice festive clothing; I didn't get any pictures of them in their cute clothes. We were able to wach fireworks ontop of my sister in laws parking garrage.





On the way home Spencer was able to work a little bit out in Texas. It's a long drive out there and back but I gotta say that it was well worth it.

1 comment:

dannyscotland said...

It looks like you guys had a great time! The gators are scary! I once lived in Florida, and we would go to a nature drive, where they are wild. They always scared me there, too.