Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Zucchini

One of the old men from church has a garden with a ton of zucchini. My hubby made a trade and now we have 15 pounds of zucchini. The trade was that I would bottle some of it with our pressure cooker. I went to bottle some fagioli soup and we only had three jars. That's awesome: we have 15 lbs of zucchini, no money for more jars, so we need to eat the remaining 10 pounds of zucchini that I haven't cooked yet before it rots.

Here is Marilyn in the outfit that she picked out with some of the zucchini.


My last three jars. I used a pressure cooker for three jars.


The remaining soup I put it in the crock pot and we had it for dinner last night. The kids loved it.

Fagioli Recipe

1 lb ground beef
1 med onion chopped
2 tbsp spaghetti sauce seasoning (I use the old spice island recipe for the seasoning)
2 cloves garlic
- brown all of these ingredients above in a pan

a stalk of celery diced
2 med-large carrots chopped
1 cup of diced potato
2 cups squash or zucchini

a small can tomato paste (my hubby doesn't like the tomato chunks, but you can use whatever you want)
2 cups chicken broth
1 cup water
1 can white beans (I rinse them)
1 small can of v8
parsley, salt and pepper to taste

-throw everything into a crock pot and cook for about 4 hours on low. Feeds 8.

2 comments:

dannyscotland said...

Look at that cutie pie!!

jen madsen said...

marilyn is so cute! Now i miss having a garden. My inlaws use to have a big veggie garden with tons of zuccini. Since my hubby and i redid there whole backyard. we had to take down there garden last year. sometime soon they'll have to start up a new garden box again.