Monday, August 30, 2010

Jiffy Cake Mix

I don't know about all yall, but these cake mixes taste like dirt to me. I remember getting them as a kid for the Easybake oven. I think we bought them this time around because of the smaller portion size. Our family normally tosses half of the cake in the trash.

What is normally wrong with the Jiffy cake mixes: Too dry, weird after taste, texture is off.

Because I want to use up what we have in the pantry I decided to doctor up the cake mix. It turned out good. This is what we added:

1 cup plain yogurt
1 cup milk
1 jiffy mix
1 egg

Mix together and stir in a spoonful of sprinkles for a "funfetti" effect. Baked in a greased pan at 350.
We served it with butter cream frosting and more sprinkles. I didn't get any more pictures because my camera ran out of batteries. The cake really turned out well.

2 comments:

jen madsen said...

looks yum! yeah i don't like the jiffy cake mix just by it's self. I used mine for an apple cobbler.

dannyscotland said...

I've never used their cake mixes, but I did try their muffins. I made blueberry mini muffins (daughter's favorite) and they weren't that great. I ended up using a different brand, but I can't remember the name. Mom something maybe? Martha? (not Stewart). Anyway, I think it's cool that you know how to change the mix and make it better. I have no clue when it comes to that kind of thing!