Thursday, August 12, 2010

Long Day

This morning started off as a long day. The alarm clock died, so my husband goes running out of the house when he hears the street sweeper. He tries to start the truck and the battery is dead. Sure enough, we get a ticket.
Marilyn wakes up puking.
I get a phone call from Texas' freinds mom that was suppose to come over yesterday asking if we have time today for a playdate. Of course we do, I'm just not going to mention anything about Marilyn's vomit that I just cleaned up.
Texas only wants to eat cookie dough today.
I get an email saying that my whole order from JC Pennys was canceled because I ordered $10 worth of stuff, and I had a $10 off $10 coupon and they didn't want to replace and ship out a backordered item. Made four calls to customer service to see if I could still get the shoes that I ordered with the discount that I had before.
My husband breaks me the news that he might not go fishing because we don't have enough money in the bank account. I want him to go because he comes back relaxed from trips like that. He finds out about my stash of money that was hidden in my box of whitestips when I offered to give him money to go. Now I need to make a new stash of money. That money was the "surprize, we have shelves" money. My husband is SPOILED!
Days like this can only get better. I just feel rushed. It's only 1:30. I need to go grocery shopping today or tomorrow and there is also a womens activity for church and Kenpo.

2 comments:

dannyscotland said...

Oh, how I feel for you, and simultaneously feel the same. It's been a rough week for me, and I'm sorry that you also had a bad day/morning. I can't believe they gave you a ticket when the truck wouldn't start. That's really lousy. I wouldn't have mentioned the puking, either, and I can certainly understand the desire to eat cookie dough all day. Actually, that sounds pretty good...

I hope your day got better. :-)

Jen said...

Friday was much better :) I went to a couple of Kenpo classes. I think I went to get away from the kids for a couple hours. It helped me unwind.