Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Holiday Season.





It's 1:30am, so I am going to let you figure out what picture goes where :)
So the holiday season is pretty much over. There was so much that happened. I am glad that it's over. Every day was a countdown to when things would slow down. Every day was a day that was never ending.
Many things happened:
My baby sister was able to get married in the temple to a nice guy. I think the wedding was more stressful for my mom than anything else. My mom was stressing out like crazy.
Another thing that happened was that my other little sister was able to get her endowments out. For everyone that is not Mormon that means that she was able to go through the temple.
Because my brother in law was on leave and home from Iraq; he was able to be sealed to my sister and my niece. It took some time because my sister was married in the temple before and my sister needed to get approval from her ex that is also now remarried. Funny how that works.
We were able to have a family dinners almost every night that I was out visiting family. That is a lot of dinners because I was out in Utah for almost three weeks.

Because of all of the stress of the wedding my mom did not prepare for me and the kids coming even thought she knew about us coming for months. Spencer had to work so he was only out for Christmas eve and Christmas day so he was lucky that he didn't have to deal with this. Even though I drove 14 hours with two young children, my mother still wanted to wake up at the crack of dawn to help her get things done. Ugh. I am not surprised that she did not organize everything well; I know my mom, but did she really need to throw this on me?
She was unreasonable. I had two sick kids before I left to Utah so I was not able to finish sewing the dresses. I was averaging two hours of sleep a night. i had to finish the dresses before the wedding and all that I had done was the patterns cut out and they didn't sell the right color fabric and any of the shops by me. So in between driving to BFE and doing family events I had to finish sewing two dresses and tending to sick children.
The wedding day my mom was yelling at everyone and trying to change my baby sister's wedding that was getting married. My little sister wanted to get her pictures done at noon because it was light and my mom said that she wasn't going to be there because it's before the wedding and NO ONE was going to be there. My little sister cried. I went without my hair being done because I helped set up the reception.
The whole time that I was out there I kept on telling myself that it was only going to be for a few more days and then I could go home and get a reasonable schedual. The whole time when I was out there Marilyn was sick. I should of just gone to the big events and let Marilyn rest, but when I tried doing that, someone would throw a hissy fit. The day after my sisters wedding was day four of having a sick child that has been going without naps. When she was getting worse it felt like I was abusing her.
The day after was Sunday and because both of the kids were exhausted to the point of vomiting (and they did). I let both of the kids sleep past noon. It was worth it.I had people trying to get a hold of me like crazy but the kids needed to get better and I was giving them medicine, don't think that I wasn't; what the really needed was rest.
My Oldest sister was sealed a couple days later, then Christmas was a couple days after that.
Christmas was great. I loved seeing how excited Texas and Marilyn got over their toys. Texas' favorite things were his pajamas (he got a dozen sets. He loves pajamas!), his lobster, and his Buzz Lightyear. He got a scooter and a ATV but he really didn't care about those things. Marilyn's favorite things were necklaces, play food and a doll that she calls Mini Me because it looks like her. She also received a scooter from manta. I think it's great how my kids get so excited about little things. He likes a rubber lobster more than a four hundred dollar ATV. It's worth all of the work that goes into Christmas just to see their little faces light up in the morning.

2 comments:

dannyscotland said...

Wow, that's a busy holiday! I'm sorry your kids were sick, that is really hard. But I'm glad your sister got married and that your sister and brother in law were able to be sealed.

I hope you were able to have some pleasant and fun times with your family as well.

I love that Texas got so many pajamas, that is too cute!

Jen said...

Thanks!