Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Easily Excited

http://www.salon.com/life/feature/2011/01/15/feminist_obsessed_with_mormon_blogs

My little sister sent this to me earlier this week. This was a post that is freaking awesome! I remember in high school in Northern California some girls would give me grief for being Mormon. The whole not drinking, no coffee, staying morally clean. This post was so flattering. And this is the first time I have been able to sit down a let you guys know about it.
My hubby is still out of town so I have been keeping busy with play dates, ebaying, Kenpo and chores. I've made about 90 dollars on ebay the past couple of weeks. I know it's not much, but it's a start. I should be getting my Orange belt for Kenpo any day now. My house is still a mess.
Great news! Today I stopped over at my friends house (the one that takes care of the goats). We are going to have a girls night. I have been invited to other girls nights but it's always going to the theater and some ritzy place for dinner. I look up the ticket prices and decide not to go. My hubby gave me a budget of 100 dollars. Mani-pedi's and dinner at a Mexican joint. Maybe we'll ship all of our kids to one house and let the guys take care of them: Three five year olds and four two year olds, that will be an adventure.

Something on a different note. I've been chose to host a Huggies Pull-up party. Even though I cloth diaper and I put that on the survey, they chose me. Not just me, but my friend Darbi too! The last party that I threw that was sponsored was Durex and both of us were chosen. How funny is that?

So everything that is going to happen is getting me all excited. My orange belt, me getting chores done, my ebay, the girls night, my hubby coming home, and getting free diapers for my friends. My husband told me that I get too excited about little things. He doesn't realize how cool some things are. I called him today to tell him I got two Gillette razors for $2 and he said, "Is this really what you called me about?"
It was. But isn't that exciting?!?! I told him it's like finding a $20 bill on the sidewalk. We just left it at that. He's glad I save him money.

2 comments:

dannyscotland said...

I hate hearing about people being made fun of for their religion, (or any other reason)whatever it may be. I believe in respect. It is not my job to judge anyone, and I wouldn't want them to judge me, either.

I think that the way you are able to save money is amazing. I do not have the motivation that is required to do that! I'm a little in awe.

Jen said...

You're too sweet.
I'm not sure if I save money because I'm buying more. It goes into a stock pile out in the garage. I need to update my storage pictures when I get some time.