Monday, February 28, 2011

Mother's Don't Get Enough Sleep


This is what I get in the middle of the night!

I'm not sure how many mothers go through this. My daughter is a binky child. She likes to sleep with a pacifier. recently she has been wanting to drop the habit. But because she does not have something soothing her to sleep she'll mosey around the house at 1am. I am not joking.
Last night she let the dog out of her kennel, and found some mascara and painted her brothers room. I was awaken by a dog trying to lick my face in the middle of the night.
The night before she got into the fridge, pulled out a tub of butter and sat right next to the dog kennel and was having a little conversation with the dog while having a midnight snack of butter. The conversation woke me up.
The night before that is all in the picture. If you were wondering what that is, it's my eyeshadow. She was eating it. She crushed it and was eating the chunks of my eyeshadow. But knowing her, she was able to find a couple bows to complement her makeup.
So this morning I decided to wake the kids up at 6am. I have been fed up with the sleeping until 9am and not taking a nap and then staying awake after I crash out at 11pm. Today had run smoothly so far. Both of the kids have been sick, but they are both down for a nap. I am going to wake them up in about an hour. And then at 9pm it's bed time :D

4 comments:

dannyscotland said...

I don't know if this would work for you or not, but my daughter's door still has the lock on the inside, so I put one of those childproof doorknob covers over it to prevent her from accidentally locking herself in. I don't know if you close her door at night, but maybe something like that would be helpful.

Jen said...

That may work. Thanks for the great idea.

Sarah And John said...

Dude your kids are freaking little shits!!!! I would knock tristan out if he did this stuff. Especially texas and his hair cutting skills. Maybe you should take her door knob and turn it around so the lock is on the outside. I'm hoping they stop being terrors soon.

Jen said...

Sarah! Just you wait! I was cleaning up some school glue that was dumped on the carpet when her hair got chopped, when the school glue got dumped out I was cleaning up yogurt cups that were jumped on and exploded all over the kitchen. Crap happens.