Saturday, February 5, 2011

Officially a Toddler

I have a need to point out that my Miss Marilyn is officially a toddler. She is going threw another one of her growth spurts. Whenever she has gone threw a growth spurt she of course eats me out of house and home but unlike my son her legs hurt. Last time that this happened to her she refused to walk and started to crawl. This time it's, "Mom, a snake bit me. My legs hurt!"
I don't know where she got the idea of a snake bitting her. She's really convinced that her legs hurt because she was bit by a snake while she was sleeping.
Another thing: Marilyn has only been talking for a few months. It has been an outpour of words all at once. Now she is starting the whole, "if you don't understand what I am trying to say I am going to yell it" bit.
Most mothers repeat what their child is trying to say. So what the toddler is saying sounds like, "these are my nails", The mother will say, "Yes, those are your nails". And of course, the toddler has to yell the same thing that she started off with because the mother did not translate correctly.

1 comment:

dannyscotland said...

The snake thing reminded me of a time when I was about 4 and my dad had some friends over. They were talking about snake bites while I patiently waited to tell him goodnight. That night I dreamed we had a pet snake and it bit me. So I feel Marilyn's pain!

Sounds like she's definitely a toddler!