Friday, March 18, 2011

Rocksprings, Texas

Half of the town of Rocksprings Texas came to introduce themselves. I think they were just curious to to see what we were doing. With all of the small town pride that there is out there, they invited us to move there.
Rocksprings is a little town that is in the center of Texas. There are about 2000 people that live in the county. I went to the post office and the post office is only open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Those are the only days that the mail gets sent out too. When I went into the post office, there wasn't a single person there, when I walked out there were five.
It is a town that everyone knows everyone. Met the 4 people that worked at the doctors office. The doctor does house calls. While we were there the town electrician drove past and saw a truck that he didn't recognize and wanted to see what was going on.
We went to go pick up some diapers at the grocery store and they had two people working: one was a cashier and the other was stocking the shelves. The same thing, I waled in and there were just the two workers there, when I walked out four old men made a line behind me and started chatting about how one owes him money.
It made me feel special that they wanted to see what was going on but I am not sure if I would be able to take it every single day. Thanks for the hospitality Rocksprings.

No comments: