Sunday, May 8, 2011

I Miss Him

My husband has been working some crazy long hours the past few week. Normally he works about 70 hours which is above average. I love that he is willing to work so hard for our family. Right now every braking second that he is awake he is working.
Because he's been working so hard I didn't get to have him around for Mother's Day. I am cooped up with two children in a little hotel for Mother's Day: Oh, joy. When I went to church I had a couple of people ask me where my husband was, I said that he was working, and then I said that he was out of town. Why do people need to ask if it's depressing that a spouse is gone? It wasn't depressing until they brought it up. Before they brought it up, the holiday was any other day.
Sorry for the sarcastic tone. At this moment in my life I only get to see my husband for a couple hours on the weekend when the kids are around and then he is off to work again. Because he hasn't been getting enough sleep he's been cranky beyond reason so I am the only one that really wants to be around him.

On a better note: Luckily, because I went to church I got some phone numbers for realtor's in the aria. Because our current realtor isn't on the ball when it comes to getting things done, I thought that we needed a new one. I also hope that this week the kids can go to a couple of play dates before my hair starts coming out in chunks.
Texas told me that the girl that he sat next to in church was "beautiful". She has glasses and told me that she was five: too cute. Marilyn flicked the light switches during sacrament meeting and was making machine gun noises: go figure, she has a brother. After church Texas was playing leap frog in the hall and another mother thought that it was her kid because she was just saw it through the corner of her eye. I think we will fit in the aria just fine.

2 comments:

dannyscotland said...

I'm sorry your Mother's Day was icky. I hope the new realtor you end up with will find you a home quickly so that you can settle down a little more. I'm happy that you've found a nice church.

Celesta said...

I'm sorry about annoying people ask that. you could always be blunt like me ? I hope you have luck with a home. Sad that I don't get to see Marilyn grown up.