Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Her Own Style

Marilyn is two. She is stubborn. She is a little bit spoiled. She wants to dress herself each and every day with out any help from mom or dad. She throws tantrums if she doesn't get her way. She's two.
She is getting to the point where I let her pick out parts of her outfit everyday. She has her own unique style. She loves the bright colors. She likes all of the cartoons that her and her brother watch together (no problem). She wants shirts with characters from these shows. Lots of the shows are retro shows. The question is how am I going to find a girly shirt with Heman on it? Oh the joys that you don't think of before having girls.
Girls are more emotional. Miss Marilyn has started crying because Texas has more friends, because they don't make dinosaur shirts for girls, because she can't pee standing up. Seriously, my son would just brush it off if I said something like "No Texas, that's only for girls".
I felt like it was time to let Marilyn pick out the clothes that I buy for her instead of picking out the clothes that are clean and coordinating an outfit for her. So I had a few websites to pick from: Disney, Gymboree, Crazy 8, and Janie and Jack. I honestly liked a dress at Janie and Jack and was hoping that she would pick that one. I thought that she would pick Disney, but she didn't: she picked Gymboree.


Out of all of the pink dresses that she could of picked these were her two favorites. She was all sorts of excited to get her blue dresses.
This is the dress that I wanted her to pick. I may cave in and get it anyways. It's really cute.

This is the kind of character stuff that I thought she was going to pick. They didn't have any Jessie from Toy Story, She Ra, or any Snow White so she didn't want any of it.

I thought that she would like these kind of dresses because she rotates through three shirts: her dinosaur shirt, her dragon shirt, and a Halloween shirt. I know that her style isn't too girly but it's her own.
-Texas' fashion is his rainboots, some shorts and a yellow shirt. He wears that almost every day. He's simple. Marilyn is complex.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

You should get some iron on stuff to make her a shirt. I love Miss Marilyn's style. She's too cute.

dannyscotland said...

I love that she has her own style! It means she's her own little person. My daughter does, too, she wants to wear only purple every single stinking day. I let her choose her shirt and then I usually help her pick out her shorts or pants, and some days she wears dresses. I have started letting her pick our her clothes, too, because I found that if I don't, she ends up not wearing some of the stuff I get her. So it's easier if she goes to the store with me, helps choose, and then usually she'll wear it.

Jen said...

I really need to find a She Ra shirt for her Nat. Would you be willing to make one for her?