Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Turning Around

Things are staring to turn around. As everyone knows I've had the worse of luck. Seriously, we tried to put an offer on a house that was available sense January and there was a offer put in two hours before I called. Of course I cried about it.
I had to choose the ER or running to the supermarket for super glue to use for stitches in the middle of the night. Yes, now that I look at how hectic toddler energies can be it's now a little bit funny if I think of all of the peoples faces seeing me holding a two year old that is holding gauze to her nose and me asking where the super glue is. Before the accident she thought it was funny pretending that she had no arms until she crashed into the corner of the bed and split open her nose. I took a picture (and now I can't find it), but now after four days and a good job of gluing her nose back together it's healing well.

Hey, Guess what? Great news! My luck is turning around.
The picture was taken on the 3rd. Texas isn't wearing his tie because he dipped it in the peed toilet water. He cracks me up. They are doing a silly pose because they are pretending to be super heroes.

The Independence Day holiday was lots of fun thanks to my sister in law Melanie. She went to a parade with us and we went over to her house for the kids to run in the sprinklers, to eat lunch and dinner. Then at night I left her hanging and we went up and saw some fireworks. I forgot to charge and take my camera but she was nice enough to snap a couple of pictures for me.

Today Texas lost his first tooth!
He was a little bit in shock because he doesn't have any friends with teeth missing. He started to cry when I was taking the picture. He thought that his tooth fell out because he wasn't brushing his teeth well enough. I told him a new tooth would grow in it's place and the tooth fairy would give him a dollar when he's sleeping. The tears disappeared, he took a nap. I had to walk to the hotel's front desk to get the "tooth fairy" a dollar. When he woke up, the first thing he did was look under that pillow. He was excited. And because he took a nap I was able to make some bow clips. Two birds with one stone ;)

I won something! I can't ever think of a time that I won a drawing. I've won awards but that's different. Awards you have to work for. Can you guess what I won? . . . Um, I'll tell you: I won a cloth diaper! I thought I won a swim diaper but I looked and they have two contest going. I guess I'm wining "fun gift packs including wipes, wipe cubes, pail pals, diapers and more". About time for me to try some cloth wipes. Oh, Monkey Doodlez made my day!
I called my husband super excited and he acted like I was wasting his time by calling him to tell him "this" kind of good news. He was hoping that I had better news (like me getting our dog back or me finding a house). It's still good news in my book.

I'm going to look at more house on Thursday. I don't want to jinx myself but I hope I find something. Thing are looking like they are turning around. The past couple days have been good.

3 comments:

dannyscotland said...

Oh, yay! I'm so happy to hear that some things have been going better.

I tried cloth wipes and at first I hated them. Then I read about a lady who uses a squirt-style water bottle to hold the solution, and that worked better for me. So if you try them and don't like them, try some other ways and you might end up liking them.

Your kids look super cute! Sorry about Marilyn's nose!

Natalie said...

YAAY! good news!
I like your new bows. One day you'll make me some... unless I'm cursed with rowdy boys

Jen said...

@K, I hardly ever use wipes because Marilyn goes on the toilet half of the time. I think I am going to get a little pump bottle and do that method.
@Nat, I can make you some bows right now. &Boys are not a curse!!!