Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Kindergarten

My son started school on Monday. I really don't have a clue about where the time went so don't ask me that one. I want everyone to be prepared that the first day of school is not the same for every kid. Here is the update:
When dropping my son off on his first day I was hoping that he would act like he would miss me. He put his backpack on his hook, his lunchbox in his cubby and his water bottle on his little shelf and he told me that it was time for me to go. He was not choked up and he didn't act excited. It was like he's done this all before.
After school he acts tired and hungry. Why? I think it's because he's talking the whole time at lunch time and only eats two bites of his lunch.
Texas wants to go to school. He says that it's fun. If I ask him what his friend's names are he says that he doesn't know, but then later on he'll say a name and something about them. For example, "David is funny", or "Samantha says that I'm a gentleman". So he knows the names but doesn't want me asking questions.

His teachers (yes teachers, he has two: Mrs Pate and Mrs Bruins) say that he's doing great in class. I'm afraid that he's being a class clown or maybe a bully. I think that's just me being a paranoid parent. We'll see how the rest of the year goes.

1 comment:

dannyscotland said...

It sounds like he's doing just fine! Some kids get nervous about changes, and others don't. It seems like he does just fine with change, and is happy, which is great! Don't worry, he'll tell you more as the year goes on, and his teachers will let you know if there are any issues with him. I doubt there are, or they would have said something. And if Samantha says he's a gentleman, then I say you have nothing to worry about. :-) My daughter starts preschool after Labor Day. Dreading it!