Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Do You Remember?

Do you remember when you were in high school and you hung out with those girls that told you that you couldn't wear flower prints or you couldn't wear your hear in a low ponytail because it made you look too "little house on the prairie"? Trust me it was for my own good. Now, do you remember making the voodoo doll with the photo booth picture of the guy that used your for benefits? Do you remember what happened when that voodoo doll lost it's arm and you taped it back on?
I think karma is coming to get me! I can't afford to look super nice. The school that I put my son in is full of all of these super done up Stepford Wives, and then there's me: super frumpy. I need a honest friend that will tell me what I can and shouldn't leave the house in. We all know that you shouldn't leave the house in sweats, and caution wearing flip flops. I WEAR FLIP FLOPS ALL THE TIME. I need a stylist too. One that will play with my hair in the evening just for fun and it might be purple, but it's better than boring mousy brown.
I have two children and whenever dad goes out of town they feel like the rules have just gone out the window. Seriously, my son only had FOUR hours of sleep max last night. He was driving me insane. I need sleep too. Because he's five he was constantly crying and tattling. It was overwhelming. Because of the lack of sleep I didn't let him go to school and I wanted him to stay home so he could get some more sleep. It's not fair for his teachers to put up with a child that is going to constantly throw fits throughout the day.
Ugh, my head hurts. I think someone is pushing pins into the head of the voodoo doll that they've made of me.

2 comments:

dannyscotland said...

I feel for you! I'm so sorry your son was acting up and that you are feeling down about things. I keep thinking I want the What Not To Wear people to come give me a makeover, but there's no point right now since I'm 5 months pregnant.

Jen said...

Congratulations on being pregnant! That's great news! I was just having a sleep deprived day yesterday.